About Master of Pharmacy (M. Pharm.)
The Master of Pharmacy (M. Pharm.) course is a postgraduate program that is designed to provide students with advanced knowledge and skills in the field of pharmacy. At our college, we offer a range of M. Pharm. programs that provide students with the opportunity to specialize in areas such as Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance, Pharmaceutics, Pharmacology, and Pharmaceutical Chemistry. The program focuses on areas such as drug discovery and development, pharmacology, clinical pharmacy, pharmaceutical chemistry, and pharmaceutical technology. Students pursuing an M. Pharm. degree are exposed to a wide range of subjects that enable them to develop expertise in a specific area of pharmacy. This expertise is critical for a successful career in the pharmaceutical industry, academia, or research. Our experienced faculty members provide students with a GMP and GLP compliant environment for hands-on training in formulation, synthesis, analytical, regulatory, and quality functions.
If you are passionate about pharmacy and are looking to enhance your knowledge and skills in this field, our M. Pharm. course is the perfect choice for you. Join us and take the first step towards a rewarding career in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Pharmaceutics - 15
- Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance - 15
- Pharmacology - 09
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry- 09
Why Choose Master of Pharmacy (M. Pharm.)
There are various carrier options available for after the completion of M. Pharm. degree.
- Research: Higher studies
- Industry: Marketing, Manufacturing, quality assurance, quality control, drug discovery and development, clinical research, regulatory affairs etc
- Government opportunities as Govt. Pharmacist, Drug Inspector, Assistant Drug Commissioner, etc
- Pharma Business: Start Pharma Industry, as well as a chemist and druggist license by respective state pharmacy council.
Duration of the Program:
- Master of Pharmacy offers TWO (02) academic years’ graduation degree program divided in FOUR semesters.
The curricula and syllabi for the program shall be prescribed from time to time by DBATU, Lonere (MS) and or Pharmacy Council of India, New Delhi.
First Year M. Pharm. course
- For Maharashtra Candidature Candidates and All India Candidature Candidates
- The candidate should be an Indian National;
- Passed Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy from any All India Council for Technical Education or Pharmacy Council of India or Central or State Government approved institution, with at least 55% marks (at least 50% marks in case of Backward Class category, Economically weaker section and Persons with Disability Candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only);
- Obtained non-zero positive score in Graduates Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) conducted by National Testing Agency;
- For sponsored candidates, minimum of two years of fulltime work experience in a registered firm/ company/industry/ educational and/ or research institute/any Government Department or Government Autonomous Organization in the relevant field in which admission is being sought.
- NRI / OCI / PIO, Children of Indian workers in the Gulf countries, Foreign National
- Passed Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy from any All India Council for Technical Education or Pharmacy Council of India or Central or State Government approved institution, with at least 55% marks;
- Any other criterion declared from time to time by the appropriate authority as defined under the Act.
For Unaided Minority Institutes: As per the policy of the State Government 51% of the sanctioned intake seats shall be filled by minority students from within the State, belonging to the linguistic minority – Gujrathi, based on inter-se merit in Centralized Admission Process Round-I (CAP -I)
- M. Pharm Admission process for Government quota seats will be carried out as per the schedule declared by the Directorate of Technical Education, Mumbai (Maharashtra State) from time to time. Students are also advised to see the website of State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra State i.e., https://cetcell.mahacet.org/
- The Unaided Private Professional Educational Institution shall admit Candidates through the Centralised Admission Process (CAP) as referred in sub-section (3) of section 3 of the Act. hence students interested to seek admission for M. Pharm are advised to see website https://mpharm2022.mahacet.org.in/
- The Information Brochure shall be published on the website of the Competent Authority. The candidate should read the information brochure carefully.
- The candidate should fill the Online Application Form as per the notified schedule for respective admission. Application fees must be paid by the candidate through online mode only.
- The Candidates will also be able to fill in Online Application Form and upload the scanned copies of the required documents through any computer connected to internet from home or any other place or through Facilitation Canters.
- Candidates are required to fill in all the details as per the instructions and Upload scanned images of valid necessary original documents as per the requirement of the admission while filling online application form.
- After filling the information and submission of Application Form, the Candidates shall verify the data filled and correct it if required. The candidate shall take printout of the form and sign it.
- The Printed copy of Application form shall have list of documents required to be produced by the candidate for substantiating his claim made in the application form. The candidate shall carry a set of Xerox copies of the required documents.
- Document Verification will be done at Facilitation Centre and application will get confirmed.
- Display or Publishing of Provisional merit list, Submission of grievances, if any, through the method prescribed by the Competent Authority for this purpose and Display or Publishing of Final Merit Lists
- Display of Category Wise Seats (Seat Matrix) available for respective CAP Rounds. The Competent Authority shall publish the information about institutes, courses offered, Sanctioned intake and number of seats available for each category before each round.
- Filling up and Confirmation of Online Option Form having preferences of Courses and Institutions prior to respective CAP Rounds - Candidates may fill in minimum 1 and maximum 300 choices of Institutes and Courses in decreasing order of their preference. The Option Form once confirmed by the Candidate through their login shall be considered for allotment in the respective CAP Rounds.
- Display of Provisional Allotment of respective CAP Round indicating allotted institute and Course.
- Reporting and accepting the offered seat at Admission Reporting Centre by the Candidate as per the schedule declared by the Competent Authority through the method prescribed by the Competent Authority for the purpose of accepting the offered seat and rectifying the errors as per the clause (e) of sub-rule (4) of this rule.;
- Only after reporting to ARC, the candidate should report to the allotted institute for seeking admission on the allotted seat as per final allotment in CAP rounds;
- The time schedule prescribed by the competent authority for compliances for various stages of CAP is mandatory.
- The detailed admission process for Institute / Minority candidates will be notified on announcement from the Director of Technical Education, Maharashtra State. All the relevant details for admission for Institute / Minority candidates will be displayed on college notice board and on college website from time to time.
- The principal of this institute will invite applications for the Institute / Minority seats available by giving publicity in the leading newspapers.
- Aspiring candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria given above should apply directly to the Principal. Such seats will be filled by institute strictly on merit basis at institute level.
- Admission process for the seats remaining vacant after CAP round and Institute / Minority quota round will be carried out separately. Schedule will be displayed on the Notice board as well on the web site of the institute. All such seats will be filled by institute strictly on merit basis at institute level.
For more Information, kindly visit https://mpharm2022.mahacet.org.in/
As per Fee Regulating Authority Approval, annual fees for academic year 2023-24 is 1,00,000/-.
The Adhoc / Interim fee structure shall be as approved by the Fee Regulating Authority established under the Act. The final fee approved and published by the Fee Regulating Authority (FRA) for that year shall be the fee payable by the candidate for that course for that academic year.
Rules for Cancellation of Admission
- Application for the cancellation of admission (institute / hostel) will be considered if and only if the candidate has taken admission (institute / hostel) by paying full fees and has submitted all required documents / certificates / undertaking / affidavit in originals at the time of admission.
- The rules regarding cancellation of admission and refund of fees shall be as described in Information brochure by DTE, Mumbai for particular admission year.
- The candidate is required to apply in the prescribed proforma as given in DTE, Mumbai brochure. If the cancellation is done after cut-off date, the student shall pay full course fee.